Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013

.
Happy new year everyone! May 2013 bring you much joy, fun and most importantly smiles!

I keep saying 2013 is going to be my year, but I need to correct myself. I feel as though 2013 will be  more than just my year, it will be my bitch. I have a good feeling about 2013 as I am more ambitious and driven than ever.

To welcome 2013, I wanted to share with you my list of resolutions. I haven't ever really made any resolutions, therefore I have never kept any, but this year there are things that I need to get done. So cheers to New Year's resolutions for driving us in the right direction.

In 2013 I will...


- be less nervous, scared and worried about attending events where I feel as though I don't know anybody
Attending such events are a blessing in disguise - who knows who you might meet and how you can help each other along the way. Heck, I met Joel at a barbecue where my friend and I were literally the only people who didn't know anyone. In 2013, I will make an effort to attend events that may be outside of my comfort zone.
- stick to an exercise regime and enjoy it
Since quitting dance I have found it hard to be motivated to exercise because no matter what I do, nothing compares to dance. Trust me, I have tried almost everything. In 2013, I will learn to embrace what ever exercise form it is that I choose.
- get my first tattoo
I have been contemplating a tattoo for years. They always say the first one is the hardest one to convince yourself in to, and I think they are right. I have a number of things I want inked on me, I just have never had the guts to go through with it. In 2013, I will.
- find Burger a little sister
Well, maybe this one won't happen until 2014, but it will be on my mind fairly consistently that is for sure. Joel and I want a little sister figure for Burger so bad. We will get our little bulldog Fifi, if not in 2013, 2014.
- attend the Magic Tradeshow in Las Vegas in August
When we get back from Singapore we will be saving long and hard for this. It will be my first trip to Vegas, and Joel's first time attending the world's biggest street wear tradeshow. It will be epic. In 2013, we will travel the West coast of America
- sort out our home office/study
This is currently non-existent, and we really really want it to happen. A creative space where we can work hard, in peace and quiet. In 2013, we will have a home work space
- purchase more art in my favourite styles
Don't get me wrong, I love the art (skate decks, graphic prints, vinyl toys) that we have around the house already, but I want to add to it with more art in my kind of style. I aim to get a Pippa McManus piece commissioned, a Mekel art piece and another Birdy and Me. Can you see where I am going with all of these? Basically, I want an eclectic mix between the graphic art we currently have and fashion illustration. In 2013, our house will be a mix mash of Monique and Joel style art
- put myself out there more
I am super keen to make my way back in to the fashion and beauty industry, and I figure the best way for me to do that is put myself out there. What is the worst that can happen? People say no? I managed to land myself some work with OnWilliam just by asking, so hopefully I will continue down this path! In 2013 I will create a free-lancing life for myself
- get my blog to where I want it to be
I love blogging and I won't deny it. I want to get my blog to a level where I am happy with it and the content on it, and I know that people are enjoying the content. In 2013, Little Miss Mon Bon will be coming into it's own.

- work gosh darn hard
There are so many things I want to do in my life and they aren't going to happen with me sitting on my hands. This resolution ties in with the one above. I am going to do what ever it takes for me to get all of my ideas of the ground and happening. In 2013, you will be seeing more of me

No comments:

Post a Comment