Well I am back to the bump and grind after an emergency trip to Bunbury
to say goodbye to my nonno Alberto. It was easily the most horrible
experience of my life watching him slip away in hospital. Our only
solace is knowing that he suffered for very little time, and that he is
now at peace drinking short blacks with holy water (grapa) with my late
grandfather Sydney. After going through the motions of day to day
routine, and supporting my family for the past four days, it is nice to
be home and deal with things my own way.
This year has already been monumental, and we are only just in
March. The year has been monumental not only because my nonno passed
away, but because I am actively knocking things off my New Years
resolution list. Last time I checked in, I had started with my wardrobe
overhaul, started being more open and less nervous about attending
events and meeting new people, put my head down and worked as hard as I
could, and started back at dancing to keep myself in an exercise regime.
2 months down the track, I can also happily say that I have knocked the
'get my first tattoo' resolution off my list. I have also attended 3
more fabulous events (10 at Times VIP shopping night, WAFA & Garth
Cook SS 13/14 show) where I went out of my way to finally go up and have
a conversation with Karen Cheng, Heidi from Love thy Muse, Emma
Bergmeier, Ruth Tarvydas and Hannah McGrath among others. I feel as
though I am powering on through my resolution list, and it is giving me a
great sense of accomplishment!
Just before I sign off of this post, I will tell you a little bit about
what I am wearing also. I got the glass necklace from my Nonna's (that
is my Italian grandma) niece when she came over to Australia to visit us
all. Nonna's niece, Eddi, lives about an hour out of Venice in
Vigonovo. This gorgeous necklace came from Venice and I have had it
since I was about 8 or 9. It is so very special to me. The skirt also
has sentimental value to me as it was my mother's when she was a teen.
In fact, most of the pieces in this ensemble have some sort of
sentimental value - the tee takes me back to Singapore over the new
year, and the head scarf reminds me of my childhood in Bunbury. It is
crazy what memories can be stored in a simple item of clothing!
No comments:
Post a Comment